• 8 tortillas
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 500g Alt Meat Co. Alternative Mince
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 1 red capsicum, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 3 teaspoon ground cumin
• 3 teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon chilli powder
• 400g can crushed tomatoes
• 1 cube vegan “beef” stock
• Salt & Pepper, to taste
• 1 avocado, diced
• Fresh coriander, to serve
• Pickled red onion, to serve
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Wrap tortillas in a aluminium foil and put them in the preheated oven while you prepare the filling (15-20 minutes).
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Fry Alt Meat Co. Alternative Mince lightly for 10-12 minutes, gently stirring regularly until golden brown.
3. In a separate non-stick frying pan, heat oil to medium. Add onion, capsicum and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Add cooked mince, gently stir to combine. Add cumin, coriander and chilli powder. Cook for approx. 30 seconds or until fragrant.
4. Add tomatoes and stock cube. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt, pepper as required.
5. Remove tortillas from oven. Serve by adding the mince mix to top of each tortilla and topping with avocado, coriander, and pickled red onion.