• 2 butter lettuce
• ½ cup hoisin sauce
• 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 500g Alt Meat Co. Alternative Mince
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
• 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 carrot, grated
• 1 red capsicum, diced
• 3 shallots, thinly slices diagonally
• 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
• 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced diagonally
• 1 cup fresh coriander springs, to garnish
• 1 fresh lime, cut into quarters, drizzle to taste
1. Place lettuce into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Place in refrigerator until required.
2. Combine hoisin and chilli sauce with sesame oil. Set aside as sauce for later.
3. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Fry Alt Meat Co. Alternative Mince lightly for 10-12 minutes, gently stirring regularly until golden brown. Set aside for later.
4. In a separate wok or non-stick frying pan, heat oil to medium. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until softened. Add cooked mince, gently stir to combine. Add carrot and capsicum. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add spring onion and prepared sauce. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until heated through.
5. Drain lettuce. Separate leaves and place onto a platter. Fill each with mixture. Top with bean sprouts, fresh chilli and coriander. Serve immediately.