1. To build the hot dog, split the bun in half and spread a liberal amount of garlic butter inside the bun and wrap in foil.
2. Place in a 170-degree Celsius oven for approx. 5 minutes or until warm through and the butter has melted.
3. While the bread is baking, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a fry pan or on a BBQ plate on medium heat. Pan fry The Alternative Meat Co. sausage, turning frequently and cooking for 7-10mins until golden brown.
4. To build the dog, unwrap the bun and place the sausage in.
5. Top with the Bolognese sauce, then drizzle over the cheese sauce.
6. Finish with shredded basil.
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pot over medium heat and cook off all the vegetables, along with a big pinch of salt and chilli flakes, until very soft. This will be about 5 minutes. Set aside to add back in later.
2. Add the tomato paste and oregano and cook out for a minute.
3. Add vegetables back in to the pan.
4. Add the soy milk and deglaze the pan. Once reduced by half, add the balsamic and porcini powder and reduce again by half.
5. Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the fresh herbs, and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 mins. If the mixture becomes too thick, top up with a splash of water.
7. In a separate pan preheat to medium heat. Add 1 Tbs of vegetable oil.
8. Fry AMC mince lightly for 10-12 minutes, gently stirring regularly until golden brown.
9. Add AMC mince into the Bolognese sauce and stir through.
10. Stir through the fresh herbs and season to taste.
1. Over a medium heat, melt the Nuttelex in a saucepan then add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the flour.
2. Cook out for a few minutes over a low heat. You don’t want it to change colour, just until it begins to very, very slightly change colour. This will take around 2 minutes.
3. Slowly add the soy milk and stock mixture into the roux stirring continuously with a whisk until smooth.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and cook over a low heat until the cheese has melted.
5. Season to taste
Mix all together