For Kimchi Slaw:
• 1 cup kimchi, minced
• 1 medium carrot, grated
• 1 cup grated purple radish, sliced
• 1 Cup red and white cabbage, chopped
• 4 shallots, white and light green parts chopped
• 2 tablespoon fresh coriander
• ½ teaspoon salt
For the Spicy Gochujang Sauce:
• 3 tablespoon chilli sauce, or to taste
• ½ Lime, juiced
For the hot dogs:
• 350g Alt Meat Co. Alternative Sausage (6 Pack)
• 6 Fresh Hot Dog Buns,
• Sesame seeds, to garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine the minced kimchi, carrot, radish, cabbage, shallots and fresh coriander. Season with salt to taste. Let rest for 10 minutes to allow flavours to develop. Set aside for later.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the chilli sauce and lime juice to taste. For a creamery blend, add vegan chipotle or mayo.
3. To cook the dogs, heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Add the Alt Meat Co. Alternative Sausages, turning frequently, cook for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Add the buns to the grill, cook for approx. 30 seconds or until warmed and crisp with light grill lines.
4. To serve, top each hot dog bun with a healthy amount of slaw and drizzle with chilli sauce. Garnish with fresh coriander and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.