JAPANESE RAMEN WITH CHICKEN FREE STRIPS
COOK 5 MIN
- 200gm Chicken Free Strips
- 2 tsp white sesame oil
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 1 punnet fresh shitake mushrooms
- 2 tsp white Miso paste
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 2 bundles organic Ramen noodles
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Separate the leaves of the bok choy and rub them with the miso paste until they are evenly coated
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan and fry the bok choy leaves until charred. Remove the bok choy and add the sesame oil.
- Gently fry finely chopped shallot, garlic, ginger and the white part of the spring onion. (reserve the green part for later.)
- Slice the Chicken Free strips in to cubes and add to the frying pan along with the sliced mushrooms and fry lightly.
- Add stock and soy sauce and simmer for 5 mins
- Cook ramen noodles and place in the bottom of 2 serving bowls
- Top the noodles with bok choy then ladle the soup over the top
- Garnish with the green tops of the spring onion, and serve with hot sauce and sesame seeds as desired.