CREAMY LEMON PASTA
COOK 25 MIN
- 2 cups wholemeal pasta (eg, penne)
- oil spray
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 courgettes, finely sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus or green beans, sliced
- 200g pack Alternative Meat Co Chicken Free Strips
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (some zest reserved for garnish)
- 4 cups rocket leaves
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan, to garnish
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- black pepper, to season
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onions, garlic, courgettes and asparagus. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until veges are just tender. Add Chicken Free Strips and stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to pan, along with reserved pasta cooking water, yoghurt and lemon juice and zest. Reduce heat and stir, until well combined and pasta is coated with sauce. Add rocket and stir through.
- Divide pasta between 4 serving bowls. Garnish with parmesan, basil, remaining lemon zest and a generous seasoning of black pepper.